May 27, 2018 / Uncategorized
Preparing for your boudoir session does not have to be stressful! Here’s a few things that will help make the entire experience flow smoothly:
- Avoid foods that make you feel bloated and drink lots of water to keep your skin hydrated and your body healthy.
- Exfoliate your skin the morning of the shoot and moisturize like crazy!
- Fingernails and toenails should be tidied up. Why not spoil yourself with a mani/pedi? French polish or neutral tones are always a great choice. *My sister recently came in for a shoot and we used $6 press on nails from Walgreens! You cannot even tell!
- Avoid dry lips by putting chapstick or moisturizing lip balm on your lips before bed and the morning of your shoot.
- Eye drops, such as Visine, help your eyes look refreshed. (Use the morning of your shoot BEFORE getting hair & makeup done.)
- Please don’t get a spray on tan. Spray tanning increases the risk of orange knees, blotchy fingers and feet! believe it or not, pale skin photographs REALLY well. If you must spray-tan, please make sure you have a day in between to shower so the tanner does not rub off on the sheets and leave them permanently stained.
- If you have hair on your face or body that you don’t like, please remove it before the shoot. If you prefer waxing, I recommend having it done at least 4 days before the shoot, so your skin has time to heal if you break out.
- Wash and moisturize your face before the shoot, and try to avoid wearing makeup.
- Please arrive with clean, dry hair. Wash it and style it with mousse or styling lotion the night before your shoot; next-day hair holds curl better than squeaky clean hair.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing to the shoot; clothes that bind will leave marks. If you can go without a bra and underwear that is ideal, just remember to bring something to wear after the shoot! Red marks cause by tight fitting clothing can take hours to go away. Button down shirts are recommended by the staff at Posh Beauty Co & Naturally You by Nikki.
- Plan a fun night out afterwards with your girlfriends or partner. You’re going to look like a million bucks, so go out and enjoy it!
That’s it! Told you this would be painless! (Well, maybe not if you are getting a wax!! But hey, no pain, no gain!)
Need suggestions on what to wear? Check out this BLOG